INSPECTION CHECK LIST
How to Prepare your Home for an Inspection
Nine tips to follow:
1. Confirm that water, electric and gas service are on, with gas pilot lights burning, all valves and Breakers are in the on position. (furnace, HVAC, heaters, cooktops, ovens, faucetts, toilets, etc.)
2. Ensure pets won't hinder the inspection. Ideally, they should be removed from premises or secured outside. Tell your agent about any pets at home.
3. Replace burned out bulbs to avoid a "Light is inoperable" report that may suggest an electrical problem.
4. Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and replace dead batteries.
5. Clean or replace dirty HVAC air filters. They should fit securely.
6. Remove stored items, debris and wood from foundation. These may be cited as "conducive conditions" for termites.
7. Unlock areas the inspector must access - attic doors or hatches, electric service panels, closets, fence gates, garages and crawl spaces.
8. Trim tree limbs to 10' from the roof and shrubs from the house to allow access.
9. Attend to broken or missing items like doorknobs, locks and latches; windowpanes, screens and locks; gutters, downspouts and chimney caps.
Call Us Today!
Let us take some of the worry out of your future home purchase or sale.
Thank You for visiting McKee Home Inspection Services.
Bakersfield California Home Inspectors Performing Home Inspections on Properties and Real Estate in: